You are sitting on your soft sofa, watching some movies..
Suddenly, you started feeling your heart beating faster..
It is beating harder and harder, that you could feel your heart beat in throat and even neck..
So, why did all this happen? What is your problem actually? Why is your heart beating so hard and faster almost like it is skipping a beat? Why are you feeling that weird heartbeat in your throat?
In most cases, it’s not the heart attack or the heart stroke..
That nervous flutter in your chest can sometimes leave you feeling unsettled and anxious. Your mind races to the worst – wondering if you’re experiencing the early signs of a heart attack.
But this probably does nothing to quell your anxiety. In fact, it might even make it worse! So what is the underlying reason for that all-too-familiar pulsing feeling of your heartbeat in your throat…?
Although anxiety can sometimes be a reason behind faster heartbeat, contrary, if you are feeling the heartbeat in your throat and neck area, then most probably it could be because of… Heart Palpitations.
Yes, The Heart Palpitations..
The heart palpitations are the #1 most common reason why a person could be experiencing a heartbeat like feeling in his/her throat.
So, What Are these Heart Palpitations?
Heart palpitations is a condition during which you sense a change in the way your heart beats. In most cases, Heart palpitations may feel like a rapid heartbeat, a beating in your throat, flutters, skipping or adding an extra a beat(ectopic beats).
The symptoms can appear in your chest, neck, and throat area. Thus, you tend to feel these weird heart beating sensations all over your chest, throat, and neck. This feeling can last just a few seconds at a time or may even linger for several minutes. Because of the stressfulness of the experience, it does feel like it is even longer!
So, Why are you getting these heart palpitations? What are its causes?
Lifestyle Triggers And Causes of Heart Palpitations
See, You may have already seen many websites which bombard you with the same absolute non sense, which are no way practical. With all that you’ve probably read about heart problems, heart attacks, and strokes, these palpitation symptoms could already be making you nervous.
But Now, Just Calm down.. I at crazyJackz only give you practical conclusions that are true to real life. So, Here is some good news!
Remember, Heart palpitations are nothing much to worry about. In fact, Most heart palpitations are just a sign of some passing anxiety, stress, or even what you’ve eaten or drunk.
In general, heart palpitations are caused by one or more of the following simple reasons:
- Strenuous exercise
- Inadequate sleep
- Eating very spicy rich foods
- Excessive intake of caffeine
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Excessive intake of nicotine(smoking)
- Use of illegal drugs like heroin, cocaine, amphetamines, cannabis, or ecstasy
- Emotional/psychological triggers like nervousness, panic
As you can see, most of these factors are within your control and not linked to any major health problems. So the next time you have about of these flutters, remember, preventing them is very much in your control!
Other Medical Causes Of Heart Palpitation Symptoms:
Although general lifestyle patterns are the main cause of heart palpitations, in some cases, they can be triggered by other medical conditions too. Some of the medical conditions which do cause these heart palpitations are:
- Hormonal changes
- Heart rhythm problems like atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, or ventricular tachycardia
- Heart problems like congenital heart disease, heart failure, problems with the heart valves, or heart muscle
- Hyperthyroidism(overactive thyroid)
- Hypoglycemia(low blood sugar)
- Hypotension triggered by posture(postural or orthostatic hypotension)
- High fever of 38C (100.4F) or above
- Side effects of medication like hypertension medication, asthma inhalers, antibiotics, antihistamines, antidepressants, or even antifungal medicines
See A Doctor If You Experience These Symptoms Along With Heart Palpitations
If you’re concerned about the small chance of the palpitations stemming from an underlying heart problem or other medical issues, check if any of the following apply to you. If they do, it may be wise to schedule an appointment with your doctor to get to the root of the problem that’s triggering the heart palpitations.
- Your heart palpitations are long-lasting and don’t improve(or even get worse!) with time
- You have a medical history of heart problems
- You have a concern about the heart palpitations. Don’t underestimate the power of your gut feeling.
Get Emergency Help For These Symptoms
Although heart palpitations are not much to worry about, there are some exceptional cases too. So, if you experience these symptoms alongside the heart palpitations, you should get medical attention or see your doctor at the earliest.
- Feeling breathless/experiencing shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest
- Feeling faint
If your heart palpitations are worrying you, it may be a good idea to see your doctor anyway to rule out heart rhythm issues, heart problems, or hormonal issues which can be fixed.
How To Stop Heart Palpitations and its fluttering in the throat?
Unlike other diseases, there is not one proper cause for the heart palpitations. In fact, the cause of heart palpitations in one person can be completely different from the cause of the other person. Thus, the treatment for your palpitations will depend on what’s causing them in the first place.
- For emotional and stress-related triggers, relaxation techniques like breathing exercises or yoga can help.
- If the cause is the medication, you’re on, discuss alternative medication options with your doctor.
- If it is a lifestyle cause like too much caffeine or alcohol, cut back on the intake.
- If the cause of your problems is an underlying medical problem like a thyroid problem, diabetes resulting in hypoglycemia, or hypotension, then you will need to undergo treatment by a specialist. Once that treatment starts to work, you should see your palpitations go away or at least experience an easing of symptoms.
- Added, properly ensure that you get adequate sleep daily.
- Check that you aren’t dehydrated and that you don’t have an electrolyte imbalance. Treat this by consuming adequate water and foods rich in salts like potassium(bananas, potatoes, dates, spinach), sodium(most diets have adequate amounts from salt, packaged beans and nuts, and fruit and veg), magnesium(spinach, figs, avocado, legumes, nuts), and calcium(dairy products , lentils, and nuts).
Instant-relief Remedies For Heart Palpitations:
Here are some suggestions that seem to work for palpitations which aren’t brought on by medical issues.
- Use a cool, damp towel held to your face to ease anxiety.
- Splash some cold water on your face.
- Take a cold shower.
- Hold your breath for an instant and push down internally as you’d do to help a bowel movement.
- Practice the breathing techniques you have learned or any other relaxation technique.
These home remedies should help offer some respite from your uneasiness and that beating in your throat.
“I Want to be Happy”
“I want to be Bright” And Finally
“I want to live my life to the Fullest…”
Daily we at Crazyjackz post a number of articles on a variety of topics written by a Shuffle of Expert authors and writers.. All with one motive to improve your life in all ways..
Latest posts by Team CrazyJackz (see all)
- 5 Real Reasons Why Do Girls Wear Chokers | Based on Psychology - November 29, 2018
- How to Tell if Your Nose Piercing is Healed? Here are the 9 Signs - November 12, 2018
- What Do Dreams About Breaking Up Mean? | Dream Interpretation - October 31, 2018